The Glyndebourne Tour
- Leading Music Festivals & Performances Tours
The annual autumn nationwide tour always begins at Glyndebourne, the company’s home base nestling in the South Downs in Sussex. Two productions will be seen for the first time during the summer festival – Saul by Handel and Die Entfuhrung aus dem Serail by Mozart. The third opera this year is Don Pasquale by Donizetti in the much-praised production by Mariame Clement and first seen at Glyndebourne in 2013.
As usual we stay at the delightful Deans Place Hotel in the picturesque and historic village of Alfriston, just a twenty minutes’ drive from Glyndebourne, where General Manager James Dopson and his staff have been welcoming Kirker clients for many years.
This year we are introducing a Study Day when all three operas will be discussed together with musical illustrations by a Guest Speaker.
- Tour duration:
- 3 nights
- Tour departs:
- 16 Oct '15, 20 Oct '15
What we include
- Three nights’ accommodation with full English breakfast
- Three dinners - one at Glyndebourne
- First category tickets for three operas
- A Study Day when all three operas will be discussed
- The services of the Kirker Tour Leader