The Glyndebourne Tour
- Leading Music Festivals & Performances Tours
The annual autumn nationwide tour always begins at Glyndebourne, the company’s home on the South Downs in Sussex. Two productions will be seen for the first time during the summer festival – Saul by Handel and Die Entführung aus dem Serail by Mozart. The third opera this year is Don Pasquale by Donizetti in the much-praised production by Mariame Clément and first seen at Glyndebourne in 2013.
As usual we stay at the delightful 3* Deans Place Hotel in the picturesque and historic village of Alfriston, just 20 minutes’ drive from Glyndebourne, where General Manager James Dopson and his staff have been welcoming Kirker clients for many years. This year we are introducing ‘Opera with the experts’, a relaxed morning at the hotel with short talks given by two opera experts to discuss the operas in more detail. There will also be free time to explore Alfriston.
- Tour duration:
- 3 nights
- Tour departs:
- 16 Oct '15, 20 Oct '15
What we include
- Three nights’ accommodation with full English breakfast
- Three dinners - one at Glyndebourne
- First category tickets for three operas
- A Study Day when all three operas will be discussed
- The services of the Kirker Tour Leader