The Metropolitan Opera & the Art Galleries of New York
- Music Holidays and Leading Music Festivals & Performances Tours
With visits to The Metropolitan Museum of Art, MOMA and the Frick Collection. Also included is a wonderful backstage tour of the Met and two dinners including one at the Met’s Grand Tier Restaurant.
During the 2013/2014 Season at the Met we will be offering four escorted tours to New York which will include tickets for carefully selected performances on the stage of one of the world’s greatest opera houses as well asvisits to the city’s finest art galleries. An undoubted highlight for Jonas Kaufmann’s legion of fans will be hearing the tenor sing the title role in Massenet’s Werther, a role he was born to sing. We have chosen a contrasting selection of opera which will star the best singers appearing at the Met during the season.
- Tour duration:
- 5 nights
- Tour departs:
- 26 Oct '13, 8 Mar '14, 26 Apr '14
What we include
- Return scheduled flights from London to New York
- Five nights’ accommodation on a room only basis at the 4* Affinia 50 on East 50th Street
- Three tickets for the Metropolitan Opera (2nd category stalls – all seats have uninterrupted views of the stage)
- Two dinners (one at the Met’s Grand Tier restaurant)
- All transfers, entrance fees, gratuities and sightseeing
- The services of a Kirker Tour Lecturer
Prices for The Metropolitan Opera & the Art Galleries of New York5 nights price from £2678 per person
- Flights with British Airways
- Depart Heathrow at 13.00 arrive New York at 15.30.
- Depart New York at 19.30 arrive Heathrow at 07.20 (the following day).
- Regional departures with alternative airlines, and supplements for British Airways World Traveller Plus, Club World and First Class are available on request.