A journey on the elegant Venice Simplon-Orient-Express train should be on every discerning traveller’s wish list - there is simply no better way to celebrate a special birthday or anniversary in style. From the moment you board, you take a step back in time to the bygone, golden-age of rail travel when a journey was about relishing the experience rather than getting from A to B as quickly as possible. Guests can still rely on the highest levels of personal service, with outstanding cuisine served in a stylish dining car, combined with a private sleeper cabin and civilised bar carriage where you can meet other like-minded travellers.Throughout the journey you will be attended to by your cabin steward and enjoy delicious food prepared by expert chefs – all meals on board are included at no extra cost.
Contact us for your tailor-made quote
London to Venice: You depart London Victoria at 10.45 on the British Pullman for an excellent lunch en route to Folkestone. Join your fellow travellers on the coach transfer across the Channel on the Eurotunnel. Board the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express in Calais and enjoy dinner during your journey across France and into Switzerland. Breakfast is served in your cabin as you experience breathtaking Alpine scenery. Lunch is served as the train passes through Innsbruck, followed by afternoon tea as you descend through the Dolomites to Venice, arriving at 18.00.
Venice to London: The train departs Venice at 11.00 hrs. Dinner, breakfast and a delicious brunch are served on board; afternoon tea is served on the British Pullman before the train arrives in London Victoria at 17.45 hrs.
Our suggested itinerary includes the following:
- Flight from London to Venice or vice versa
- One night on board the Orient-Express from Venice to London or London to Venice with all meals included (excluding drinks)
- Water taxi transfers on arrival and departure to/from hotel
- 2 nights’ hotel accommodation with breakfast (the price is based on a lagoon view room at our favourite 4 star Deluxe hotel, the Londra Palace – prices for alternative hotels and durations available on request)
- Entrance tickets to the Doge’s Palace, Accademia or Guggenheim
- Our unique Venice Guide Notes
- The services of the Kirker Concierge to book concert and opera tickets, arrange a private walking tour or reserve a table for a delicious dinner
Price:£3,098 per person (including train from London to Venice)
£2,798 per person (including train from Venice to London)
Special Offer Rates for selected departures
We are delighted to offer these special rates for selected departures on the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express and these new prices allow clients to benefit from a saving of up to £650 per person. A journey on this legendary train is on every discerning traveller’s wish list - there is simply no better way to celebrate a special birthday or anniversary in style.
Immediate quotations for the Orient-Express are available on request, simply telephone one of our experts on 020 7593 1899 to discuss your tailor-made itinerary.
- London to Berlin: 2 June
- Berlin to London: 4 June
- Venice to Prague: 11 May; 28 September
- Prague to London: 14 May; 1 October
- Venice to Budapest: 25 May; 26 October (including two nights in Vienna)
- Budapest to London: 28 May; 29 October (including two nights in Vienna)
- Paris to Istanbul: 26 August (including overnight stays in Budapest and Bucharest)
- Istanbul to Venice: 2 September (including overnight stays in Bucharest and Budapest)
Map of route from London to Venice: